Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Eyes Have It

I have an issue, dear readers.

And it's not that I'm awake, and blogging, at 2:00 a.m. because I slept until 4:00 p.m. today. It's not.

And it's not that I think I just damaged some internal organs while attempting to put my comforter back into my duvet cover. It's not.

It's the kittens.

They look at me. With their EYES.

These kind of eyes:


You see the problem now, huh?

Hopefully Tarzan is going to be adopted by one of my friends tomorrow. But my fingers are only half-heartedly crossed. I know I'll miss that guy so much. He plays like a wild man. When Tarzan is around, there's always entertainment. And he purrs all the time. You can literally hear him coming before you see him. And lately, without fail, he's been bounding to the door to greet me when I get home. Ugh.

And the other two, Peanut and Butter. Don't even get me started! Frail and shy, they are finally starting to purr around me. To trust me. To rely on me. I'm not trying to toot my own horn; I am no cat whisperer. But I want these guys to thrive and be happy, and I worry that they won't adjust well to a new household, etc.

Don't get me wrong, they're staying up for adoption. Oh yes. I do not want two more forever cats, not right now. And I know that special adopters will come out of the woodwork. Things will work out.

In the meantime, I'm going to stop worrying, and know that I will do what's best for the kittens, whenever it reveals itself.

In the meantime, need any kittens?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Oh how I wish I did. But yes I know those eyes. Hope gives me those eyes all the time and she should, by now, KNOW she has a home. But she also knows how to get her Peanutbutter, and how to get me to let her out of her crate....and pet her, and let her sleep with me, and and and....you see the pattern.

But I wish I had room for a kitten. Your little guys are just adorable. But I am with you on the animal front. Its very, very hard to resist just keeping them all.