Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Day is Done

Well, the excitement just wouldn't stop!

Cute kitties huddled together for warmth:

(Er, yes, that is a picture of their daddy above their bed. He did not want to be forgotten! His idea! His idea, I say!!)


We had some power surges all evening and then a full outage. It was quite charming to see the candles begin to glow from everyone's apartment. Not so charming to be in the pitch black dark, convinced a murderer is also in the room (what? like you don't remember the night goggles scene from Silence of the Lambs?!) with nary a candle or light nearby. I panicked as I realized that everything (reading, blogging, watching movies) that I had fantasized about doing on this cozy night needed electricity. I've gotta get me a hobby that can be done in the dark. Damn you, knitters!! I groped my way towards the drawer with my flashlight and then quickly got to work.

Quite the ambiance. About 15 minutes later, all was better back to normal.

Goodnight, Moon.


No comments: