Tuesday, April 21, 2009

AXE Effect

So, I mentioned AXE briefly on my blog a few weeks ago while complaining about men's/boys' scruffiness, and the company actually wrote me to offer me a free sample to try out on RightHand/male friends. They gave me a choice of one shampoo and one styling gel from this page. RightHand and I chose the AXE 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner and the AXE Spiked-Up Look Putty:

Although I have many misgivings about AXE's sexist and heterosexist advertisements (see an example here and here), I figured there's no harm in trying the product for free and I appreciated their outreach.

So, RightHand was the guinea pig and here are the results:

Before the AXE effect:




After using the AXE 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner and the Spiked-Up Look Putty:

SEXAY!!!

Gatsby even got in on the experiment:


Kidding, kidding. That was after his bath, which you know he just loved. You know who else loved it? RightHand. Because what's not to love about have a cat's claws literally hooked into your skin? Ah, good times...

Anyway, back to AXE.

RightHand and I sometimes always shower together to save water, so I was with him when he tried the shampoo/conditioner. It smelled GREAT, which is probably one of the most important selling points as far as most women are concerned.

He loved the putty, and it really didn't leave his hair too stiff or sticky. It was perfectly okay to go to bed with it in his hair and it didn't mess up the pillow or anything.

From my perspective, the putty was surprisingly soft- no stiff, untouchable spikes! It was great and I really liked the look.

The final verdict: AXE, give your advertising department a talkin'-to, but the products were great and high quality. Thank you!

No comments: