Friday, February 20, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

I was reading an article about how lawyers are losing their jobs and are trying to find work as paralegals. And then came along this gem of a paragraph:

"Trope says her husband, who is also a lawyer, began losing clients, and they have fallen behind on their mortgage. The stress caused a strain on the marriage, and the couple separated. The couple held on to their nanny, however; she shuttles between Trope's home and that of her husband as their two children move from one place to another."

So, let's recap. Now they live in TWO houses. Brilliant. And they KEPT THEIR NANNY, even though they are both not working much, if at all, and they can't pay their mortgage. There are no words. If that's someone's definition of hurtin', then call me callous, but I don't feel sorry for them one bit. Although, one thing worries me...


Do you think someday I'll have to choose between my nanny and my personal chef????!!! THE HORROR.

You can read the rest of the article here.

2 comments:

Adlibby said...

Yeah... it's hard to feel sorry for some people. Still... you work hard, pay a boatload of money to go to college and then the economy smacks you upside the head. I know an ad exec, an architect, and a half dozen Sprint employees who've all been kicked to the curb. It's strange times.

Found you through Auds at Barking Mad. Isn't she the coolest?

Anonymous said...

Stories like this one really piss me off. Two houses? Nanny? Are you kidding me? There was a story the other day of a guy who's losing his home and business. Sounds sad, right? Nope. I signed the mortgage papers falsely declaring that he made 4x more income than he actually did. WTF?!